TANDBERG Television released its new WatchPoint Content Management System (CMS) that opens up content visibility throughout the content lifecycle. This system is designed for the centralized management of any metadata format, content type and workflow process. CMS can manage VOD programs, advertising, music and games.
Automating customized content processing through a rules management interface and extensible workflow, the system provides a scalable infrastructure for single- and multiscreen strategies. This allows operators to increase revenue opportunities with more personalized entertainment, increased choices and innovative service offerings across multiple platforms.
From a central location, service providers using WatchPoint CMS can manage assets coming from a variety of content providers through multiple ingest methods with different metadata. WatchPoint CMS content can be controlled and categorized by multiple methods on any metadata including fields such as actor, genre, studio, descriptive tags and others.
For example, an operator can create a set of promotional rules spanning multiple offerings over different viewing platforms. The CMS then works with other back-office applications to carry out the promotional campaigns.
According to TANDBERG, WatchPoint CMS lets operators:
- Minimize deployment, support and training costs of content management via a single, scalable content management system;
- Reduce errors and operational costs with automation and centralized control and monitoring of assets within a unified multiplatform video infrastructure;
- Decrease per-title content processing costs to manage large content libraries more efficiently;
- Improve content management and accelerate VOD business opportunities over any distribution platform with advanced operator control;
- Increase overall operational efficiency with customized processing of content through enterprise-class workflow management;
- Easily expand VOD services to new platforms including broadband and mobile.