Manchester, UK - December 20, 2012 - Blackmagic Design today announced a new lower price on its popular Compact Videohub to $2,995. Compact Videohub features 3 Gb/s SDI, ASI, auto switching SD, HD and 3 Gb/s SDI formats, full SDI re-clocking, USB, redundant power inputs, ethernet and serial router control for only $2,995.
Compact Videohub is only two rack units and less than an inch deep. It includes advanced features such as 3 Gb/s SDI, ASI, auto switching SD, HD and 3 Gb/s SDI, as well as full SDI re-clocking at an affordable price. Compact Videohub is perfect for customers who need an incredibly tiny router that also meets tough broadcast technical requirements for performance as well as reliability.
Compact Videohub includes more control interfaces such as easy to use USB, as well as direct ethernet and RS-422 serial interfaces. Direct ethernet router control allows direct connection to a computer network for control. Ethernet control is fully compatible with Blackmagic Design's wide and growing range of software control panels, Videohub Smart Control and Videohub Master Control hardware control panels, and the exciting software based Videohub Control for Apple iPad.
“We designed the Compact Videohub to be the worlds largest 3 Gb/s SDI router that’s possible to fit into a impossibly small 2 rack unit size, while still being affordable for everyone,” said Grant Petty, CEO, Blackmagic Design. “Now, with this new affordable price, Compact Videohub is now available to smaller studios on the tightest budgets. Unlike other low cost solutions, with Compact Videohub customers get all the professional features they need without any limitations!”
Compact Videohub Key Features
- 40 SDI inputs, supports SD, HD, ASI and 3 Gb/s SDI.
- 40 SDI outputs, supports SD, HD, ASI and 3 Gb/s SDI.
- Ethernet direct network connection for control.
- Serial port for router control, supports Leitch™ protocol.
- 12 volt universal power supply included.
- Main and Redundant power connections for on-air 24/7 reliability.
- Reference input compatible with black burst and tri-sync.
- Includes full SDI re-clocking.
- Allows simultaneous SD, HD and 3 Gb/s SDI formats on the router at the same time.
- Includes free software control panels for Mac and Windows.
- Supports Blackmagic Videohub Smart Control and Videohub Master Control hardware control panels.
- Software control panel for Compact Videohub available free for Apple iPad.
Availability and Price
Compact Videohub is available now for US$2,995 from Blackmagic Design resellers worldwide.