Mac Video Capture and Playback Card Adds Support for HDMI and 3G SDI,
and 10-bit Up, Down, and Cross-Convert
AJA Video Systems, a leading manufacturer of professional video interface and conversion solutions, announced the KONA LHi, AJA’s newest uncompressed video capture and playback card for SD, HD and 3G SDI single-link 4:2:2 formats for Apple Mac Pro systems. The KONA LHi makes its debut April 20-23 during the NAB exhibition at the Las Vegas Convention Center at the AJA booth SL2513.
The AJA KONA LHi allows legacy analog devices alongside the newest 3G SDI and HDMI v1.3a enabled products to interface to the latest PCIe Apple Mac OSX hardware, with integrated support for Apple Final Cut Studio and other QuickTime software applications. The card also features AJA’s proven 10-bit SD to HD up-conversion, HD to HD cross-conversion, and HD to SD down-conversion, providing complete flexibility when working with multiple SD and HD formats.
“KONA LHi represents the next evolution of our massively popular KONA LHe. With the addition of HDMI and 3G SDI support along with up, cross and down-convert, we’re offering even more workflow solutions for our customers,” said Nick Rashby, President, AJA Video. “The KONA LHi delivers a huge amount of functionality in a very cost-effective package.”
The AJA KONA LHi allows editing, monitoring and mastering of professional quality video in an affordable, easy to use product. Since all of KONA LHi’s conversions are hardware-based, they are available all the time—during ingest or playback. Outputs can be configured independently allowing users to have simultaneous HD and SD output—or two different types of HD, 720 or 1080, output via cross-conversion.
KONA LHi Features:
• 3G HD/SD SDI input/output
• HDMI v1.3a input/output w/Deep Color at 30/36 bits per pixel
• 12-bit SD/HD analog component or SD composite/YC I/O
• 10-bit Hardware-based realtime up/down/cross-conversions
• DVCPRO HD hardware acceleration
• HDV hardware acceleration
• Dynamic RT hardware acceleration
• 2-ch balanced XLR AES digital audio and 2-ch balanced XLR analog audio input/output
• 8-ch SDI embedded audio input/output
• HD/SD Genlock and RS-422 machine control
• LTC Input (on Reference input)
• Support for Final Cut Studio applications, Adobe applications and more
• Breakout cables standard, affordable KLHi-Box breakout box optional
• 3-year international warranty
For a complete overview of features and technical specifications, please visit www.aja.com. The KONA LHi is available immediately for an MSRP of $1495 via AJA’s worldwide network of channel partners. The optional KLHi-Box breakout box is also available now for $349 MSRP.
For a limited time, the KONA LHe uncompressed video capture and playback card will be available at the special price of $1295, a savings of almost $500.
About AJA Video Systems, Inc.
Since 1993, AJA Video has been a leading manufacturer of high-quality and cost-effective digital video interface, conversion and Desktop solutions supporting the professional broadcast and post- production markets. With headquarters in Grass Valley, California, AJA maintains an extensive sales channel of dealers and systems integrators around the world. For further information, please see our website www.aja.com.