“Having established a reputation of offering a quality mix of music, up-to-date local news, competitions and promotions for the past 18 years, we at Lincs FM highly-value our relationships with listeners,” said Julie McLaren, Marketing Manager at The Lincs FM Group. “We see Platformic as a powerful tool to more actively engage our online audiences to gain up-to-the minute feedback. We especially like the increased flexibility Platformic gives us to make changes in copy, design and layout all without having to rely on an outside firm.”
Since the launch of Lincs FM in 1992, the Lincs FM Group, with stations broadcasting throughout Lincolnshire, the East Midlands and Yorkshire, has become one of the most successful independent radio groups in the country. Several Lincs stations have won awards by leading brands such as Sony and Arqiva.
Stations in the Lincs FM Group using Platformic’s technology include:
• Compass FM - Grimsby, Cleethorpes and Immingham-- http://www.compassfm.co.uk/pages/main
• Dearne FM - Barnsley, Penistone and the Dearne Valley-- http://www.dearnefm.co.uk/pages/main
• Lincs FM - Lincolnshire & Newark—http://www.lincsfm.co.uk/pages/main
• Oak FM - Hinckley, Nuneaton, Charnwood & NW Leicestershire http://www.oakfm.co.uk/pages/main
• Ridings FM - Wakefield and the surrounding area-- http://www.ridingsfm.co.uk/pages/main
• Rother FM - Rotherham and surrounding area--http://www.rotherfm.co.uk/pages/main
• Rutland Radio - Rutland and Stamford-- http://www.rutlandradio.co.uk/pages/main
• Trax FM - Doncaster and Bassetlaw--http://www.traxfm.co.uk/pages/main
“At Platformic, we continually strive to make it easier for broadcast companies and other businesses to harness the power of the web, while putting full control in their hands. From ensuring professional standards and consistency across sites, networking and sharing valuable content and incorporating interactive features, we make developing and managing sophisticated online properties a reality. Just about anyone can use Platformic, which leads to more frequent updates, fresher content and more engaged audiences,” said CEO of Platformic, Claudio Canive. “We are excited to further our presence in the U.K. and add a leader like the Lincs FM Group to our portfolio of users.”
Platformic’s patented technology, used by leading companies around the globe such as Comcast, Fox, Tribune, Bicoastal Media, Broadcast Company of the Americas and Peak Broadcasting, enables users to easily build and manage media-rich websites that incorporate social media tools and user generated content. Users can “visually” create layouts and manage content from a browser in a fraction of the time while adhering to professional standards. The result is a completely customized website and CMS with the ability to change the layout and content quickly and easily. Users can update sites or change their entire look in minutes with no downtime. Staff members with little or no web experience can then simply update the sites more often to keep content fresh and make the site “stickier” for visitors.