At the IPTV World Forum in London this week, Harmonic will make several technology demonstrations, ranging from MPEG-4 AVC encoding for SD to HD upconversions to solutions for video-on-demand services.
Specifically, the company will show:
- High-definition MPEG-4 AVC (H.264) video using Harmonic's DiviCom Electra 7000 encoder for SD-to-HD upconversion and dual bit-rate compression for constrained networks.
- A hybrid headend with standard-definition H.264 video encoded by the Electra 5400 and the new Ion AVC systems for long-tail content delivery.
- Video-on-demand (VOD) featuring the MediaPrism suite of content preparation tools, time-shifted "catch up TV" and targeted ad insertion applications.
- H.264 multichannel mosaic compilations delivered using the ProStream 8000 solution.
- Harmonic's integrated advertisement insertion solution, including the ProStream 2000 splicer, StreamLiner 2000 ad server, and MediaPrism for ad ingest and overlay.