Thrane & Thrane has announced the Explorer 700, a BGAN terminal that is slightly larger than its portable Explorer 500 design but offers the highest available data speed available on the Inmarsat broadband global area network.
The terminal has been developed with a multi-user environment in mind. It offers users the full BGAN package, including:
- Data transmission of up to 492kb/s on a shared basis
- Streaming IP (guaranteed bandwidth) of 32, 64, 128 or 256kb/s
- ISDN interfaces allowing users to interface legacy ISDN equipment directly
- WLAN access point that supports 802.11 a/b/g
- Bluetooth interface
- Detachable antenna with transceiver to antenna range up to 70m
The first Explorer 700 terminals are expected to be shipped around the time Inmarsat plans to launch BGAN service on its second I-4 satellite covering the Americas in mid 2006.
For more information, visit www.thrane.com.