HUDSON, MA - At the International Broadcasting Convention (IBC) 2012 in Amsterdam (Stand 7.D05), Facilis Technology will exhibit its recently released TerraBlock 5.6 shared storage solution for post production and content creation professionals. Visitors to the Facilis stand will see all of the new features in TerraBlock 5.6 including support for 3TB drives, as well as demonstrations utilizing best-of-breed connectivity and workflow-enabling technology supported by TerraBlock 5.6.
TerraBlock is Facilis' multiplatform, high performance shared storage solution supporting 4Gb/s, 8Gb/s and 16Gb/s Fibre Channel, and 1Gb and 10Gb Ethernet client connectivity. When coupled with the Facilis Shared File System, it empowers collaborative workflows in non-linear environments that include products such as Avid Media Composer®, Apple® Final Cut Pro® and Adobe® Premiere Pro®, among others. TerraBlock 5.6 enables creative professionals to leverage existing high-speed infrastructure, while remaining flexible with low-cost, scale-out solutions.
New TerraBlock 5.6 features on display include:
- 3TB drive support and new 72TB 24D model
- TerraBlock Manager username / password authentication
- TerraBlock Manager support for non-admin Windows users
- Multi-user Write volume expansion from the client workstation
- Higher performance 10Gb and teamed 4Gb Ethernet configurations
- Cross-platform Adobe Premiere Pro project management
Demonstrations at the Facilis stand include:
- Facilis TerraBlock 5.6 as the backbone of a complete post production workflow including: Cinedeck capture and multi-format encoding, CatDV asset management and tracking, and StorageDNA archive management, along with other creative tools.
- Access to high speed networking via ATTO 16Gb/s Fibre Channel and 10Gb/s Ethernet direct-connect or via Thunderbolt™ through ATTO ThunderLink™ Desklink™.
- As an official Adobe partner, Facilis will demo TerraBlock Project Manager support for Adobe CS 6 for Windows and Mac.
About Facilis Technology
Facilis Technology, Inc. was founded in 2003 to bring advanced shared storage to television and film post production at a reasonable price. The company designs and builds high-capacity, turnkey solutions that are open, flexible and scalable; enabling content creators to collaborate and work more efficiently. www.facilis.com