DirecTV among Emmy recipients for advanced media, technology and engineering The National Television Academy honored DirecTV last week with an advanced media Emmy for its DIRECTV NFL Sunday Ticket Enhanced Service at a black tie awards ceremony in New York City.
DirecTV was recognized with an Emmy for Outstanding Achievement in Advanced Media Technology for the Enhancement of Original Television Content. Four other recipients received Emmys in the advanced media category. The 2004 Technology and Engineering Emmys were bestowed at the same ceremony. Recipients included:
- Sharp for development of direct view liquid crystal display screens.
- Philips for development of UHP lamps.
- Len Reiffel for pioneering efforts in the invention of the Telestrator.
- Echostar and DirecTV for pioneering efforts in the development of spot beam satellites for distribution of local broadcast channels directly to home receivers.
- NCube, Concurrent and SeaChange for development, productization and commercialization of video server technology leading to large-scale VOD implementations.
For more information, visit www.emmyonline.org.