An electrical malfunction set the studio of WABC-TV in New York ablaze May 27 as the station’s news anchors and crew were preparing for the 11 p.m. newscast.
The station alternated between putting up bars and going black for two hours while the fire was brought under control. No one was injured in the blaze, but the station’s set was destroyed and smoke filled the lobby of the station.
The station resumed its news coverage with its 5 a.m. report May 28 from its update desk in the newsroom.
Firefighters said they believed an electrical outlet was responsible for the fire.
For more information, visit abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=local&id=5345032.