The Radio Television Digital News Association (RTNDA) is adding a new component to its Edward R. Murrow Awards to recognize the pursuit of excellence in journalism on the part of online news organizations.
To be considered for online recognition, an audio or video story must have appeared exclusively online. As with radio and TV, online entries will be considered for each category, including:
- Overall excellence;
- Audio/video breaking news coverage;
- Audio/video continuing coverage;
- Audio/video reporting — hard news;
- Audio/video feature reporting;
- Audio/video investigative reporting;
- Audio/video news documentary;
- Audio/video news series;
- Audio/video newscast;
- Audio/video sports reporting;
- Use of sound;
- Use of video;
- Broadcast-affiliated Web site; and
- Non-broadcast-affiliated Web site.
The 2009 Edward R. Murrow Awards entry deadline for all submissions is Feb. 1. A grace period until Feb. 15 is offered, but will include additional fees. All submissions will be identified by market size and media type.
Last year, 540 regional awards and 79 national awards were presented.