"Matrox is leading the way in mobile editing on the Mac," said Alberto Cieri, Matrox sales and marketing director. "Broadcasters tell us they need a way to upload video from laptops in the field and MXO2 is our answer for them. It's lightweight, fits in a laptop bag, and runs for hours on a field battery. It's also a complete I/O solution for post facilities, at an incredibly affordable price point."
Matrox MXO2 will be demonstrated at NAB 2008 in booth SL320.
Key features of Matrox MXO2
- Truly portable - fits in your laptop bag, runs off a field battery (or its AC adapter)
- HD/SD SDI, HD/SD analog component, Y/C, and composite inputs and outputs
- Genlock - SD analog black burst (bi-level) or HD tri-level sync
- HDMI input, output, and monitoring with calibration controls including blue-only
- 10-bit realtime hardware up/down/cross conversion
- Up to five user selectable simultaneous video outputs - HD and/or SD on HDMI, SDI, and analog
- Professional audio inputs and outputs with 5.1 surround sound monitoring
- RS-422 machine control for frame-accurate capture and print-to-tape
- Captures to a variety of codecs - Apple ProRes 422 HQ, 10-bit uncompressed HD and many more
- Supports file-based workflows - XDCAM, XDCAM HD, XDCAM EX, P2
- Works with Final Cut Pro, Apple Color, Adobe Premiere Pro and all QuickTime applications that support the V-out component
- For use with Intel-based MacBook Pros and Mac Pros
Price and availability
Price and availability
Priced at $1,595 US in North America (£899, €1,295) not including local taxes, Matrox MXO2 will be available in July 2008 through a worldwide network of authorized dealers.
Matrox Video Products Group is a technology and market leader in the field of HD and SD digital video hardware and software for realtime editing, DVD authoring, capture/playout servers, clip/still stores, and CGs. Matrox's Emmy award-winning technology powers a full range of content creation and delivery platforms used by broadcasters, post-production facilities, project studios, corporate communicators, and videographers worldwide. Founded in 1976, Matrox is a privately held company headquartered in Montreal, Canada. For more information visit www.matrox.com/video.
Matrox is a registered trademark and Matrox MXO is a trademark of Matrox Electronic Systems Ltd. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners and are hereby acknowledged.