SMPTE will honor 16 new Fellows at its Honors and Awards Ceremony at the Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition Thursday, Oct. 21.
The event takes place during the Annual SMPTE Technical Conference and Exhibition Oct. 20-23 in Pasadena, CA.
New SMPTE Fellows include:
- Wendy Aylsworth, Vice-President of Technology for Warner Bros. Technical Operations
- Charles Dages, Executive Vice-President of Emerging Technology for Warner Bros. Technical Operations
- Preston A. Davis, President of Broadcast for the ABC Television Network Group
- Michael A. Dolan, founder and President of Television Broadcast Technology
- James W. Edwards, II, Senior Video Applications Engineer at Tektronix
- Susan Gwynn-Handley, Kodak veteran
- David Keighley, Ryerson University graduate, with a degree in Motion Picture Studies
- Philip Livingston, Vice-President of Technical Liaison for Panasonic Broadcast and Television Systems
- Richard Mizer, co-founder and Chief Technology Officer of CIN Events
- Marty Ollstein, President of Crystal Image
- Robert Plummer, Senior Director of Advanced Technology at DIRECTV
- Thomas Scott, co-founder, Vice-President of Engineering, and Chief Technology Officer of Entertainment Digital Network
- John D. Silva, currently on a sabbatical; has been studying various aspects of digital technology
- Charles S. Swartz, Executive Director and CEO of the Entertainment Technology Center at the University of Southern California (ETC-USC)
- Frederick Van Roessel, has worked on various SMPTE standards committees such as the Colorimetry Committee and the Digital Cinema Committee
- David Wiswell, Group Manager for Advanced Television Products at Panasonic Broadcast & Television
The honorees will also be recognized during the Fellows Luncheon on Saturday, Oct. 23 at the Pasadena Conference Center.
For more information, visit www.smpte.org.