An Introduction to Fiber Optic Transmission
A one-hour course written by Ray Handisides, consultant and trainer
Understand how fiber is used to transmit electronic signals in this introductory course for engineers and operators. The course begins by illustrating fiber optic principals and continues through to testing and television applications. Upon completion, you will be well-versed in the science of fiber optic transmission and optical equipment. This course has 6 lessons.
You will learn:
- The basics of fiber optic principles and science
- Fiber optic systems and interfacing
- Fiber optic network equipment
- Testing fiber optic systems
- Video and television applications for fiber
Ray Handisides is a freelance training consultant who has worked with Ampex, Abekas and Accom in developing training programs. He now specializes in web and online training development.
Return to course list