The latest version of Wowza Media Server software, to be highlighted at IBC2012, includes refinements to the Network DVR (nDVR) AddOn, an audio-only option for the Wowza Transcoder AddOn, dynamic overlays, additional content protection options, multicast, and more.
All of these refinements are aimed at making Internet streaming cost-effective for the broadcaster while further improving the experience for the viewer.
The software continues to offer the broadest any-screen coverage including Adobe Flash and Microsoft Silverlight-capable computers, tablets, phones, set-top boxes, media players, and game consoles; Apple iPhone/iPad and other HLS-capable devices such as Apple TV with AirPlay; Android devices; Roku media players; and Internet-connected TVs; and more. With Wowza AddOns, the media server becomes a full-fledged streaming media infrastructure helping users drive revenue-generating services and simplify workflows.
Capabilities of the latest Wowza Media Server include:
• Any screen delivery with standard Wowza Media Server. Live or video-on-demand content simultaneously delivered to every supported client
• Integrated live adaptive bitrate (ABR) transcoding enabled by Wowza Transcoder AddOn
• Time-shifted delivery of live streams with Wowza nDVR AddOn
• Audio-only option for Wowza Transcoder AddOn
• Dynamic overlays
• Support for multiple studio-approved DRM platforms
• Unconstrained per-server capacity with no CPU core limitations
• Flexible and cost-effective licensing options for any application and budget
• Multicast for Microsoft Silverlight
• Closed-captioning support — CAE-608 caption insertion for live streaming
• HTTP Origin
• Support for MPEG-DASH
• Additional cloud options on Amazon Web Services