The NAB-HD TV project – a demonstration of an actual model DTV station at the Las Vegas Convention Center during the NAB (April 16-21) - is assembling a strong program schedule, which will include both pre-recorded interview segments and panel discussions.
To date, the project has secured pre-recorded interviews, including:
- Sharing The Mast -a tour and explanation of the co-located transmitter site at Mt. Wilson, CA, hosted by Merrill Weiss.
- The Making of Wealth TV -a close up look of the building of a new all-HD cable channel in San Diego.
- Producing HD News from an Editorial Perspective - a close up from 24-hour HD news provider VOOM HDNews.
- News set design for HD and widescreen television;
- The inner workings of producing an HD newscast;
- Integrating surround sound production;
- How will HDV impact the take-up of HD?
On April 18, the RTNDA will also host a workshop entitled “Improve Your Performance Skills Now” in the model station’s news studio. The workshop will be a hands-on session to give performance coaching on the spot.
Additionally, the station will have aerial HD pictures delivered from a WolfeAir helicopter.
Industry professionals have volunteered to help run the model station. Among them is Craig Melvin from WIS-TV in Columbia, SC, who will serve as the model station’s anchor. Student volunteers will also contribute time.
For more information, visit www.nabshow.com.