NextComputing has introduced the NextDimension RVE, a briefcase-sized mobile workstation designed for real-time video editing in the studio or on location. The system fuses the computing specifications of a tower workstation with the convenience and portability of a laptop.
The system supports any Windows-based NLE but is tailored for the needs of Avid and Adobe users with features that enable easy migration from a desktop- or laptop-based system to the NextDimension RVE.
NextComputing offers turnkey hardware and software bundles that include Avid Media Composer Mojo DX and Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 with Blackmagic Design’s DeckLink HD Extreme card.
The mobile workstation includes:
- Integrated 17in (1920 x 1200) display
- Single or dual 2.5GHz quad-core Intel Xeon processors
- Up to 4GB RAM
- Up to 1.28TB storage in a high-speed RAID array
- Extensive I/O capability
- NVIDIA GeForce or NVIDIA Quadro FX graphics
- Microsoft Windows XP Pro 32-bit operating system.