Grupo Televisa has selected TANDBERG Television MPEG-4 AVC video encoding and distribution systems to deliver programming across Mexico via satellite using DVB-S2 8PSK modulation.
Migrating from MPEG-2, Televisa will rely on the MPEG-4 AVC system to distribute both HD and SD content simultaneously to its affiliates whereas before it only sent SD. The new systems cut the bit rate required by more than half compared to the MPEG-2 system in use while protecting and maintaining the picture quality.
The complete MPEG-4 AVC solution includes:
- TANDBERG EN8090 HD and EN8030 SD MPEG-4 AVC encoders;
- MX8400 IP multiplexers with Reflex statistical multiplexing;
- the nCompass Control management system;
- TANDBERG Director distribution control solution;
- SM6620 modulators with Prekor for the broadcast headend; and
- RX1290 professional receivers for the affiliate sites.
For more information, visit www.tandbergtv.com.