In July, the GSMA unveiled Mobile World Live, a new online portal that aims to be the go-to resource for the mobile communications industry. Building on the Mobile World and Mobile Asia Congresses, Mobile World Live delivers dynamic content and networking opportunities in an interactive, on-demand experience.
“Central to Mobile World Live is the contextual relationship between the content and the ability for the community to interact with each other, the speakers and the content, providing a rich experience unique to each user,” said Michael O’Hara, GSMA chief marketing officer.
Mobile World Live incorporates:
- Mobile World Live TV — an online TV channel addressing mobile industry issues, trends, insights and news with CEO insights, analyst viewpoints and features that cover mobile broadband and mobile lifestyle services and content.
- Mobile World Live Conference — sessions from GSMA conferences including Mobile World Congress, Mobile Asia Congress, Mobile Money Summit and Mobile Innovation.
- Mobile World Live Media Center — an online media center that features streaming news from Mobile Business Briefing as well as announcements and materials from the GSMA and mobile ecosystem companies.
Capabilities in the works include:
- Mobile World Live Webinar — Web conferences that bring together industry leaders to discuss key trends and issues in a format that allows interaction with online participants.
- Mobile World Live Showcase — an online showcase that lets companies present information about their strategies, technologies and product offerings.